Updated statistics on road safety in Uganda (2011-2022)July 7, 2023
Road crashes and fatalities in Uganda are recognised as a social and economic burden for the country. Access to data on road safety is one of many ways to empower the public to make informed decisions, advocate for positive change and actively contribute to creating safer roads and communities.
These datasets, curated from reports of the Uganda Police Force, are provided to journalists and the public to provide a basis for accurate and comprehensive reporting, enabling journalists to analyze trends, highlight specific challenges and hold authorities accountable for road safety initiatives.
- Monthly trend of road traffic crashes in Uganda from 2011 to 2022
- Nature of road traffic crashes in Uganda (2011-2022)
- Causes of road crashes in Uganda (2011-2022)
- Class of vehicles involved in road crashes in Uganda (2011-2022)
- Casualties from road crashes in Uganda (2011-2022)
- Road crash fatalities in Uganda by age and gender (2011-2022)
- Road crash fatalities in Uganda by road user group (2011-2022)