Updated - Databank on Uganda's mining sectorAugust 1, 2019
In recent years, the Government of Uganda, has invested significant time and money in promoting its mining sector. It has created a public cadastre of mining activity, a wide range of geological, aero magnetic and mineralization surveys, and has developed an investment strategy for Uganda’s mining sector.
ACME is keeping an eye on these developments and training journalists to report on them with depth. As part of its training programmes, ACME is curating data from the Directorate of Geological Surveys and Mines and other government and non-governmental sources to provide journalists and the wider public with resources to analyse Uganda’s mining sector.
The databank has been updated to include registration details of companies holding mining licences in Uganda as of July 2019.
Other datasets on mining in Uganda are:
- Compliance of mineral rights holders (as of March 2019)
- Mineral concessions (as of December 2018)
- Mineral concessions (as of July 2017)
- Artisanal mining locations
- Mineral production quantities and values, 2013-17
- Baseline assessment of development minerals
- Metallic mineral occurrences in Uganda
- Industrial mineral occurrences in Uganda
- Mineral production volumes and values (1994-2018)
- List of problematic issues with mineral licence holders in 2012