Data bank on Uganda's mining sectorJuly 3, 2019
In recent years, the Government of Uganda, has invested significant time and money in promoting its mining sector. It has created a public cadastre of mining activity, a wide range of geological, aero magnetic and mineralization surveys, and has developed an investment strategy for Uganda’s mining sector.
ACME has been keeping an eye on these developments and training journalists to report on them with depth. As part of its training programmes, ACME also purchased data from the Directorate of Geological Surveys and Mines, and obtained data from civil society and private partners to provide journalists and the wider public with resources to analyse Uganda’s mining sector.
The databank of resources includes:
- Mineral concessions (as of December 2018)
- Mineral concessions (as of July 2017)
- Artisanal mining locations
- Baseline assessment of development minerals
- Metallic mineral occurrences in Uganda
- Industrial mineral occurrences in Uganda
- Mineral production volumes and values (1994-2018)
- List of problematic issues with mineral licence holders in 2012